10 ways to keep your skin youthful
I think high school reunions are becoming a thing of the past. I mean, who needs a reunion since Facebook has made its way into our lives? Today, we’re able to keep in contact with people we typically wouldn’t have reached out to or had the means to before Facebook existed. Now, we get to see people’s daily lives exposed, as well as see them age over the years, without waiting 10 or 20 years to attend a reunion.
I know the Bible calls aging a sign of wisdom. But, living in a society where the American culture is youth driven – and the force behind most advertising – it can leave many people of all ages in a state of feeling less attractive as they get older. Aging can even create a shadow of insecurity that resonates in the back of our minds. I think most people forget that gray hair and wrinkles represent life experience and earned wisdom. Without a doubt, we’re all going to age and it’s important to embrace it in a healthy and positive manner. However, we can age gracefully and delay signs of aging on our face when we manage what we eat, how often we sleep and how we manage stress.
Over the years, I’d like to think I’ve been able to incorporate certain practices in my routine that help me keep a youthful look. Keep in mind that whatever reflects on your skin is usually a clear sign of what is going on inside the body. The skin is an amazing organ (also the largest and fastest growing one), as it protects your body from so many things including toxins. Incorporate these simple regimens to help yourself internally, which will leave your skin glowing with a more youthful appearance over time.
My top 10 tips for youthful skin
- Drink half your body weight of water in ounces a day, and add an organic lemon.
- Enjoy at least 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every day.
- Incorporate raw vegetables into every meal.
- Add organic, cold-pressed olive oil and organic avocados to salads.
- Add organic raspberries, blueberries and blackberries to smoothies and meals or enjoy for dessert.
- Drink organic green tea.
- Eat light and healthy proteins to keep collagen strong. (I like grilled organic lamb, turkey, wild salmon and sardines.)
- Try washing your face with filtered water and use a baking soda scrub every other day.
- Add organic vitamins including raw C, D, E, zinc and the amino acid lysine.
- Get plenty of sleep, aiming to get to bed and wake up at the same times daily.
Good luck! Let me know how it goes.
With more than 24 years of diverse experience in the health and wellness industry, Jaime has
dedicated her life to caring for and enabling people to increase their overall wellness.